Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Year of Fun Stuff-update

So, we're 8 days in to January and I'm 30kms down, with another 10kms planned for this weekend. Come rain or shine. OK, so if it rains, I'll have to go to the sports centre and use the treadmill. That's how dedicated I am, people. I will run on a machine, in the basement of a concrete jungle style sports centre just to get my 100kms in before the end of the month.

As world wide revolutions go, the Year of Fun Stuff is a rather low key movement, of, well, so far two people.

Generic Jen B. has gone gluten free. That means no bread, people. Amazing.

I really can't imagine doing that, although it did get me thinking about my own diet, As I chomped on my lunchtime doughnut yesterday, I wondered if perhaps all this running might be easier if I backed it up with a decent diet.

I've been reading Michael Pollan's books recently, and I think the guy makes some good points. Basically, he says "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants". I reckon I can stick with that. So, from next week, I will only eat food I recognise the ingredients in, or have made myself. These kinds of plans usually only last a few days with me, but I'll see how it goes.

It will mean no Diet Coke. That will be a challenge in itself. Take out the doughnuts and I may well cave within hours.

I won't be quitting the bread though, I'm no way as hard core as Jen B. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

3 comments:

Thank you for your comment!