Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Best of 2009- Blog find

2009 was the year I noticed blogs weren't just for strange people with no friends. So, all the blogs I read this year were a new find this year, and I noticed that, in order to have something to write about, you have to have a life to write about. Which was a revelation.
Having said that, my absolute favourite blog has to be Airing My Dirty Laundry, One Sock at a Time. (http://whisperingwriter.blogspot.com/). It's absolutely hilarious, well written and engaging. I normally avoid "Mommy Blogs" partly because I'm not one so it's hard to relate sometimes, but mostly because I tend to find the Mommys just a little Gwyneth Paltrow for me. By that I mean smug yoga/organic food types who make the rest of the world feel bad for using frozen vegetables; c'mon, you know who I mean and would run across a four lane highway to avoid them just as much as I would.
Luckily this lady is nothing like that. She writes about her family with humour, even when her kids play up at the photo studio and the weird kid in the neighbourhood won't leave her alone. It's a definite recommendation.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thank you so much for the nice entry about me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her too! She keeps me in stitches. I aspire to be as cool as blogger as she!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!