- Last Saturday, some colleagues and I went into town to see a talk by a South African musician, sadly I've forgotten her exact name, but she's quite a big deal in South Africa. We had checked where it was, and arranged to meet in plenty of time. Unfortunately, none of us thought to check the date, having assumed it was going to magically be held when we decided it would be. Turned out that we were about 3 days late. Whoops. So we went for lunch instead.
- The last Monday in every month is Quiz night at a local wine bar. It's the place to be in Kumamoto, as long as you speak English. The highlight for me was the guess the moustache round, in which I correctly identified Hulk Hogan's moustache. Considering I've never watched WWF in my life, that's quite impressive. Or a sign that I read too much trash on the internet, one or the other.
- I went for a run the other day with a friend. It's our new, once a week, thing. She's a stronger runner than me, although we're a similar speed (she may well be slowing down on my account, to be fair). so she pushes me a bit, which is good. It's also a good chance to have a good old chinwag, which, if we're honest, is the main reason we're doing it at all.
- As we're now in rainy season proper, even if the humidity is low, I've had to become familiar with the local laundrette. I'm not a fan of laundrettes as a general rule, they smell funny in my experience, but you can't argue with clean, dry towels. I realised I need to pay more attention when I threw 20 minutes' worth of money in a dryer, only to reason it was the one above mine. Of course, it wouldn't come out, and when the man whose clothes were in there came back to claim them, he kept looking at his watch in a very confused manner. I didn't like to tell him what I'd done, in case something in there was burned from being in the dryer for so long. So, I slopped off outside, and went for a quick walk around the block in the pouring rain, probably looking very shifty indeed.
- And for no other reason than it made me smile
So, that was random. How was your Friday?